There are 7 new furniture trends that will impact furnishing your Frisco home.
These not only affect the furniture that you purchase but also affect the way you live in your new home. Some of these trends were presented by architect and designer Heather McCune at the recent NEXT Conference as well as trends that we see with our clients here in Frisco TX.
1. Traditional dining rooms are getting changed into other social areas such as expanded kitchens or wine and conversation rooms. Sometimes the living room is changed into a hearth room. Usually people love turning their living room into a conversation room which is smaller in scale and very intimate.
Convert your little used dining roominto a conversation room.
2. Great rooms, as always, remain high priorities. The great room remains as one of the most popular rooms for family and entertaining. Overstuffed recliners and large and comfortable sofas and sectionals are popular pieces for the great room. Since the great room is usually large, a professional interior designer can help you plan and set up your space.
Comfortable contemporary recliner
3. The kitchen island is growing and has become a popular social space in new homes. People always like to hang out in the kitchen and now there is even more space to do that. Kitchen islands are growing larger and can handle seating on both sides. This may mean you will want to have sturdy, dependable bar stools in your kitchen and plenty of them. Some new homes have double islands, a work island and a social island. Each one may need bar or counter height stools that are comfortable and stylish.
4. Master Baths are also growing and becoming more spa-like. The space in the bathroom now nearly matches the bedroom in square footage. Master closets have also become another area of spending.
One new trend is a spa feel in you master bath
People are spending more on items to be used in their outdoor living area. The top product is a table and 4 to 6 dining chairs, followed by outdoor lighting. Next comes outdoor lounge chairs, followed by outdoor rugs. Decorative accessories and a bench are also products that can be added to the outdoor living area.
6. Neutral tones remain the base color for outdoor furniture with grays and beiges as the hottest neutrals. The use of bold colors and designer patterns as accents gives people an easy way to customize their outdoor room with the help of a good designer.
7. Outdoor rooms, hardwood floors, plenty of natural light and a home with an open floor plan top the list of new home must-haves. This means that new homeowners will be purchasing area rugs, outdoor furniture for dining and chat groups as well as sofas and sectionals.
It is a good idea to remember that not every home will reflect these trends. More traditional homes and room sizes will not go away. Trends are not as unidirectional as that. Instead, because of new trends, more people will be talking about traditional assortment strategy, scale and function.
Remember, these 6 trends are not for everyone. They are only a sample of what’s happening in the world of design and furniture today. A good professional interior designer will help you find your own style and color palette so that you will be happy long after a design trend is gone.