10 Tips for a spring interior design makeover.
Do you want to spruce up your home for spring and also need to get your home ready for expected or unexpected guests?
1. Replace your artwork with something fresh and new. This will make your room have a new look.
2. Change your bedding to a more lightweight fabric and brighter colors. Remove heavy duvets and wintery blankets and replace with lighter blankets
3. Change your pillowcases and decorative pillows with breezy new colors.
4. Put in new lampshades. This update to your lamps is fairly inexpensive but can add a bit of refreshing color to your space.
5. See if you can find vintage vases, trays, pillows or other accents in pastel colors. A soft color palette will add a bright and airy feeling to your room.
6. Having real flowers in your home is always a nice touch, Some faux flowers look so real that no one will realize the difference. White flowers are always beautiful and chic. Large floral arrangements will help create a welcoming atmosphere in your home.
7. You can bring some fresh green plants home to celebrate spring. Succulents are a great way to add life to a bathroom and are easy to care for.
8. Put fancy hand towels and fresh soap in the powder room to make your guests feel special.
9. Be sure your kitchen is appealing and inviting so that your guests will want to hang out while you cook. Having some comfortable barstools is also a good idea.
10. If you have a guest room make it inviting and comfortable for your overnight guests. If you can, set out a fresh set of towels, slippers and a robe. A small basket of toiletries is also a nice touch along with a bottle of water.
Springtime is a great time for out of town guests to visit and anything you can do to make the guest feel comfortable and more at home is a good idea. Hosting guests can be fun when you are prepared and getting your home ready for Spring makes it even more enjoyable.
Click here for extreme home makeover before and after photos.