Luxury home furnishings are
sumptuous, comfortable and beautiful.
What is luxury high end interior design?
Luxury high end interior design means enduring styles, custom options, unique designs, quality hand crafted home furnishings and attention to detail. To achieve this you need a creative, experienced, knowledgeable, professional interior designer.
What defines luxury home furnishings?
Luxury furniture should be comfortable and sumptuous. Sofas and chairs will be hand crafted, beautifully tailored, and have luxurious, plush, down-filled cushions. Wood pieces should be hand crafted by talented artisans and made of superior materials. Luxury home furnishings can be traditional, contemporary or transitional, but they should have enduring styling.
Luxury doesn’t mean following today’s latest trend, but instead means creating an environment that has enduring beautiful comfort, practical function and an inspired sense of style.
Luxury interior design should also include beautiful rugs, custom draperies, inspiring artwork, accessories and lighting to enhance your luxurious environment.
What should you look for in a luxury interior designer?
- Do a search for luxury interior designers in your area and look at their portfolio. See if they can do more than one style. This is important because you want them to be able to create something special for you. You don’t want someone who only does what they like.
- Check out their credentials and see if they are a professional member of ASID. Professional members have experience and have gone through extensive testing.
- Read the reviews from their clients.
- Interview more than one designer.
- Are they a good listener and do they ask you questions?
- Do they respect your ideas?
- Can they come up with unique solutions to problems?
- How much experience do they have?
- Do they have a knowledge of luxury home furnishings?
- Do they have business knowledge?
- How do they purchase home furnishings? Can they save you money?
It is important to recognize that professional interior designers are experts at what they do. They have education, training and experience. If you want a luxury home they will have many sources and ideas to show you. They can help you have the opulent, plush and luxurious home of your dreams.